1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

On # Performance Turbos

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Jsaz666, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Jsaz666

2. Mnlx

Plenty of On3's out there, about the same quality as the other China turbos. Many refuse to run them because of their business practices.

Jsaz666 likes this.
  3. Jsaz666

Is it worth risking an offshore turbo? Also, what business practices do u speak of?

4. Forcefed86

Depends what you are looking for and what your budget is. What is the setup? What size turbo do you need?

I wouldn’t put a $150 turbo on a $10-20k worth of engine. And I wouldn’t stick a 3k worth of turbo on a $500-1500 engine. Almost all turbos are “offshore” these days anyway. Manufacturing has gotten pretty darn good overseas in the last 10 years and most of the cheaper china ebay clones hold up well. That said certain models just don’t perform and are more prone to failure.

Think of On3 as a distributor similar to Ebay. They don’t do much for their customers in my experience. IMO go straight to ebay or other sources and you can get most of the turbos 0n3 sells for less $.

Jsaz666 likes this.
  5. ss496

^X2!

6. Jsaz666

Got it. Totally agree.

7. PEARL MUSSIN

I've ran twin on3 T70's for the past few yrs, no problems

Jsaz666 likes this.
  8. Bad Medicine Racing

Traitor :bounce:

9. Cmoses

I had a couple guys on here recommended a good turbo garret or borgwarner spend the money once and be done lol. What are u putting it on?

10. nxcoupe

Not a thing wrong with on3 turbos or the other chinese stuff. There are a lot of turbo snobs, but I'm a pizza snob.

Jsaz666 likes this.
  11. Mnlx

They have their place imo... Just fine on a jy build, but the big names are definitely a better quality (engineering and materials) piece.

Jsaz666 likes this.