1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Stock Appearing 14B Killer Turbo Build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Labyrinth, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Labyrinth

I am at the tail end of a long build that has been very educational and fun. The TD05H MHI 14B turbo is a small turbo but has a lot of potential for upgrade. Here is the list of mods. I am waiting for the compressor wheel and it will be sent for balance then assembly.

Turbine Side:

1. Heavily ported exhaust housing ceramic coated
    2. Stainless O2 housing
    3. 9 blade (not 12) turbine wheel clipped 5 degrees TD05
    4. Labyrinth oil seal

Center housing:

1. Ceramic coated
    2. fresh rebuild kit with flat back style back plate
    3. Custom drilled thrust plate for maximum oil lubrication

Compressor Side:

1. 17C compressor wheel 12 blade flat back (stock appearing)
    2. Heavily ported and polished compressor housing to fit the compressor wheel and open up the passages and smooth the surfaces.

The result will be a stock looking 14B turbo but will flow like a Big 16G or maybe better.

I'll keep ya posted

2. afterfire

Cool, what's it going on?