1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Ok for my use to start I have been looking at Holset turbo maps am I missing som

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by MonzaRacer, Mar 7, 2011.

1. MonzaRacer

http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc....4&airflow6=28.7&airflow7=29.3&product_id=125

This one has lines too close to surge,,, I think?

http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc...=382&airflow6=416&airflow7=425&product_id=113

This one looks a little better IF I am reading it right and put in my information right.
    I am building a 6 in rod 302 SBC with 2.02/1.60 heads, some bowl work and some of my little head building tricks. Then I am going to adapt an LT1 intake to it.
    This is a simple build and not looking for earth shattering power just getting my feet wet with turbos,,,I am also going to turbo my 402 BBC also in another car so this one will be a bit of experimenting and learning to tune my choice of controls,,, most likely a Megasquirt set up with my adapted DIS setup.

any thoughts, I am still learning to read these maps better so, here I go.

2. 302f150

Im on my phone, if you search "holset compressor maps found" by me I have a link to a bunch of maps. Holset uses many different compressor wheels in the same turbo. My hx40 has at least 4 that there are maps for. Also, most compressor maps.have lbs/min on the bottom, holset has a metric unit on the bottom and lbs/min across the top.of the map... the squirrel calc only has one map of each type I believe... how much hp would you estimate that engine at na? That hx40 map is the smallest one they offer, but iirc from my setup I had points.much closer to the right side on a 302 with stock unworked heads. Check out the maps I posted, then go to the turbobible and make your own calculations at diff rpms. Or write an excel sheet to do it, and plot that on the different maps for your combo.