1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Proportion valve on an SN95

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by BoostedGT, Jun 26, 2008.

1. BoostedGT

Hey guys,
    I did some searching through various threads on here to try and find the answer to my braking question but didn't have much luck. Right now I am trying to spool the turbo up with the footbrake to "stage" the car instead of just rolling into the beams and sitting on the transbrake. My question is, I can get right at about 1 to 2 psi on the gauge and I start sliding the front tires. I've always known about proportioning valves and how they can limit the brake pressure to the front or increase the pressure to the back. My question is, how can I use this manual proportioning valve to achieve what I'm trying to do? I have stock sn-95 brakes on the car with the ABS removed. Do I need to put the valve on the front brake lines to "limit" the pressure going to them or do I put the valve on the rear brake line to "increase" the pressure going back there? I know on fox body cars there is a fitting on the passenger side firewall that most people put the valve on... Where would I put it on this sn95? Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Chris

2. TT_05_Stang

Wouldnt that get a little hairs when the back slides out breaking at the end of a run?

Will

3. BoostedGT

I guess it could. My thought was that the larger width of the tire out back would be less apt to lock up versus the skinny tires up front. You could be right and yeah that would suck majorly!

4. TryingtoLearn

Sorry if I missed something, but why not just use a line lock?

5. BoostedGT

I have a linelock... I use it for a burnout, but staging the car wouldn't exactly work very well. It is sliding the front tires.

6. BigTurboNotch

id also like to know whether to put it in front or rear, mines ready to be installed just need to know where.

7. BoostedGT

Yup hehe.. I have mine sitting there down at the shop.

8. Gen1SVE

The prop valve goes in the rear brake line to adjust the pressure to the rear brakes. Also try a 3 step while rolling into the staging lanes. It will limit the RPM and give you more boost, whyle limiting the rpm's which want to push the car forwad. Set up the next step for the trans brake after you are staged. With the boost on deck from the first step your car should build boost alot faster.

9. BoostedGT

I guess I need to get a box with a 3-step... >:(

10. cobrasan

with all this talk of putting it in the front or rear does this thread belong on the after dark forum?