1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

oil pressure or temp, and oil or water temp

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by ocshaman, Jun 28, 2008.

1. ocshaman

My quest for three gauges has led me to the boost/vacuum, and two of these three gagues. I just wanted to know what you guys had to say about the importance of these gauges.

2. blown385

Oil pressure and water temp are two of the MOST important gauges you can have . Oil temp .......not as much .

3. ocshaman

Why is water more important than oil, even if there is a water temp gauge in the stock cluster

4. blown385

The motor will not live long if something failed in the cooling system . You never want to run hot . As long as you see oil pressure , oil temp is not as important .

I'm sure you can get away with the stock gauge , but some stock gauges don't give you a very accurate reading . IMO , the stock warning lights are not bright enough either .

You should have a BRIGHT warning light on oil pressure and water temps .

5. ocshaman

I know I have the oil pressure warning light. I am trying to find out where to get the water temperature from on my car. I would rather T at the stock sensor, but I can't get the connector off to check the size of the fitting. I don't think I want to cut into the hose. IF I have to, where should I cut? Heater hose, main hose, to or from radiator, etc.