1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

oil in compressor housings

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Zacharyx, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Zacharyx

Turbos rebuilt last fall, one is fine no smoke out that exhaust, the other side smokes and has oil in the compressor side. Function-7 restrictors, -10 drains (both drains a little off from vertical), -4 feeds run from a T the one with oil is the farthest from the T. I thought maybe it was the feed lines but if that was the issue wouldn't the one with a shorter line be the problem?? Just looking for ides so I can have it right by the time the new engine is finished

2. 68mustang

the length shouldnt have anything to so with it, presure is pressure. i would tear it back apart and check the seals in the smoking turbo.

3. ash

u got an aircleaner on this ????

4. Zacharyx

I do run air filters, can't remember which ones, same one Brian from B&G put on when he built it

5. littlebluefoxbody

Dirt or too small of an air cleaner can cause the turbo to draw oil out of the compressor seal.

6. Zacharyx

if both have the same filter why one and not the the other

7. Orr89rocz

I have a similar problem but my setup doesnt smoke. Just have some oil in the cold side. Wonder if its a filter problem, thats the first time i've heard that before.

8. ash

yeeh, ok
    i get oil on the inside of my compressor housings , when i run aircleaner on dirty tracks( lots of stones in braking area..)
    The conpressors are working real hard, and end up pulling oil from behind the comp wheel.

clean out the oil, and take air cleaners off, it 's ok..
    gdoesnot hurt the hurt, just sucks oil thru.