1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Oil dripping out of exhaust pipes

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by botietr, Apr 18, 2010.

1. botietr

While tuning on the car i notice oil was coming out of the pipes.enough to where if i ran the car i think it would get under the rear tires.the turbo is freshly rebuild by Supernatural Turbo ,so it has new seals.i know its not coming from the motor but was thinking it might either be the 4 An feed line is putting too much oil to the turbo or the drain isnt draining fast enough.the drain is a 10AN but it does go into a 90 right out the turbo.do i need a restrictor on the 4AN or does anyone think it might be the drain?
    Oh,its a large frame PT101 turbo

Thanks

2. stangman9897

.the drain is a 10AN but it does go into a 90 right out the turbo

I would say that the 90 comming out of the drain is not helping the turbo drain fast enough, is it there for a reason like clearance issuse's or what.?

How high is the turbo mounted, i would go bigger than a 10AN for the drain anyway, i run 3/4" drains on my 60s and plan on going to 1" soon becuase they are low mounts. JMO

3. botietr

Yeah,it has a clearance issue with the frame rail.its mounted high on top of it. i think ill just cut the rail out right there and run a straight fitting.
    Thanks
    what about restricting it also?

4. stangman9897

I was going to run restrictors in mine but ended up going with 3AN feed lines instead of them and they helped a lot. They were kinda hard to find though, ended up finding some on ebay. I would just notch the rail and box it in with some 1/16" steel and be done with it.

5. domn8rx

I used pre-made 3an brake lines from jegs, they have all different lengths.

john

6. 10secgoal

Yeah, those are nice John. I get them here locally and make them myself. Sometime more, sometimes less. But a lot of time even a bit easier to do than AN lines. These you can let the SS fray out, slide in the ferrel (SP?)around the teflon and whamo.

No matter what the turbo isn't drainig fast enough. Whether it be because too much oil or the framrail. I could do a 3 an first. I have even need a re-stricter in 3an with some turbo, even with a -10 drain. :huh:

7. botietr

I'm going to reroute the drain ,i think thats the main problem.then if it still does it ill go with the 3an.
    Thanks guys.

8. stangman9897

I found the 3AN lines on ebay in some ricer turbo store that sells small turbos for ricers, they were like 39.00 for two lines and the flange's.