1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

4.6 2v Header Build

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by 1hcam, Aug 8, 2012.

1. 1hcam

I was hoping some of you with experience can chime in with any advise or suggestions. I've started my hot side for my 97' Mustang. Everything is mild steel with 1 5/8 16g piping, 2 1/2 16g piping, 3/8 flanges, Cone collectors w/bullets and 2-1 merge, and Team Z k member.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. 1hcam

Ok the passenger side is testing my patience. Got to get some more bends. #4 exhuast pipe sucks.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

3. Drac0nic

What are we looking for outa this power wise? Built short block?

4. 1hcam

For now just trying for 400-450 on the stock motor that's in it now. It's a stock bottom end with a PI swap. Nothing fancy just something to beat on. I'm going to use the this one as a learning curve. But I have collection of parts in my office for my next build, I just need to man up and decide to take the block I have and go .030 over or go big bore. Forged crank, H-beams, WAP block, Eddy intake, and a set of race heads I had TEA build for a NA project that was bailed on. Long term goal is to run low 9's in true street type events.

5. mandrelbends

We found the driver's side to be more difficult then the passenger - although this was almost ten years ago that we worked on these and we built them in vehicle. Clearing the steering rack and getting where you need to go was a headache if I remember correctly.

6. 1hcam

I made my own oil filter adapter so I don't have the big factory one to fight with. That would have really made my life difficult. Next week I'll have to put in another order to you for a few more bends to try to finish this thing up.

7. maverick75

great fab work man!

8. 1hcam

Thanks. It's been a while cause I had to take a break to do a engine for a guy. The headers didn't come out as nice as I wanted but its my first set and a rookie at tig. I've been hard at it the last couple weeks finishing up the headers and trying to get all the piping done. I dont think its ever going to end!

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad