1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

oil catch can install???

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 89gtturbo, Mar 29, 2009.

1. 89gtturbo

i just recieved my oil catch can single turbo fox setup, question is vaccum routing to my catch can, can i take one from the pvc valve to the can and one from the intake to the can will that be ok??? thank you Ryan

2. Tgbstang90

Not from the intake. From the PCV that mounts in the lower intake and the valve cover would work I believe.

3. 89gtturbo

Ok thanks for the info but my catch can has two ports so one from the valve cover and where can i run another line from

4. Tgbstang90

Either one from each valve cover, or one from the valve cover and the other from the PCV valve port.

5. turbo86

Tgbstang90 can we get together and talk i have a similar setup with a 76mm garret please email me i have a few questions my name is jason thanks

6. 5.8 Bandit

have you got any pics of this setup?

7. svtcobra

PCV valve point or from either valve cover is the best way.

8. ILLINTENT

Just stick a pipe nipple that fits snug in the PCV grommet in the intake (3/8" brass 1.5" long pipe extenson from home depot I believe) and slip 1/2" hose over it. Then run a 1/2 or larger hose from each valve cover to the ouke tank. You would end up having to add an additional nipple to the puke tank for the PCV hose to go to. The more pressure relief you have the better. You definitely want to vent each valve cover though.