1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

oil blowing out from everywhere!help

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by JnRcustoms, Aug 18, 2007.

1. JnRcustoms

i just recently got my stang runnning with a new motor i built... now i have a problem...

when i drive and it gets warmd-up the oil starts to shoot out of the filler cap on the drivers side valve cover.. (Stoock valve covers)
    and its shoots out the distick tube.. it shoots out so much oil it litterly starts small fires on my headers..what should i do..

i got a high vol, high press pump

what should i do to get correct crankcase ventilation

2. alain

If your getting that much oil blowing out everywhere, I'm inclined to think your rings aren't sealing properly and your getting blowby.

3. big ken

i had the same problem with my 434 sbc. i put a moroso header evac system on, havnt had a problem since. or you could use a a vacume pump but a lot more expensive.

4. JnRcustoms

i almost controlled the problem... the pcv valve is new.. but i think it was shot.. so i just plugged the other side.. and the side that has the oil cap... i took the pcv valve off and ran a hose stright up also i put a spectre dipstick in.. and it seems to be holding the oil..

i am runnning stock ford blue valve covers with the baffles removed for roller rocker clearance..

but the problem isnt at idle ..its on freeway..cruise... i have a stock 3sp auto from 80 ghia and i know its spraying out at like 2200-2600rpm

5. rdakota340

so you don't have no blowby at idle when it warms up?just when driving!

6. badassmav

First you should ditch the high press pump and just get a high volume, but it sounds more like you're pressurizing the crank case. Get a good one way check valve for the pcv?

7. JnRcustoms

could it be i need oil restricting pushrods... cause it did this same thing with the old engine... so the only thing i switched was the valve covers...to the new engine .. .. and i take the oil cap off and u can see the oil squirting from the pushrods..in the rollerrockers and it jumping right throught the hole for the oil cap.. so the rocker and the hole are lined up perfectly to shoot right into the oil cap

8. rdakota340

you don't have any oil deflecters to cover the breather hole or pvc hole?mine came with them i had to install them my self that mite be your problem.