1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Oh yeah ! vent extensions rules !

Discussion in 'General Carb Tech' started by capri302, Sep 24, 2011.

1. capri302

Just did the vent extensions mod and it really works, I was not able to richen the mixture even with big jets. cruise mixture was too rich also...

2 small 5/16" steel lines and now I see 10.5 AFR at wot (12.4 before) with the same jets

idle is about 14:1- 13.5:1

Maybe this mod should be included in the hangar18 carb buildup.

2. stangboy86

i was able to drop nearly 10 jet sizes when i put the vent tubes on mine as well.. i couldnt believe what a difference it made

3. half-fast

also a believer- works on afb's as well dropped ten jets front and rear with this mod

4. capri302

drop 5 points and still plenty of fuel !
    was P83 , S93
    Now P78 , S88
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

5. Bzltyr

Could you post a picture of your vent tube extensions? I am about to modify a 750 using Hangar18's instructions. I am using a Paxton with a car hat. Thanks.

6. cat herder

https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/carburetor-boost-tech-questions/vent-tube-extensions-wow!/