1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Off the wall question but..........

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by mookandairin, Jun 6, 2020.

1. mookandairin

Hi all, I am building my sbc and almost done (Its hard for me to believe it lol) I am wondering if ANYONE has a centering ring for a MSD flying crank trigger wheel? I have the wheel for an 8" balancer, the 8" balancer, all the brackets, pick up ect but no centering ring. i dont have a Fluid dampener it is just an indexed balancer but be as it may, I would like to know it is on centered. That way it is just one thing I don't have to worry about. Lord knows I have enough on my plate with this thing especially after the guy (a friend of mine) thought it would be a good idea to move my truck in front of the garage before I got there and didn't know my F/P was too high and the floats were not shutting off the fuel and it was coming threw the vent holes on my CSU, off timing, carb back fire, and well.............. you can imagine the rest. after the neighbor came to save him with a fire extinguisher, he called me and broke the news to me. I wasn't the happiest camper in the park but, after 8 hrs of cleaning the carb, 8 hrs of cleaning the engine bay, it runs great again thanks to some patience, attention to detail, and great advice asked/from past posts found here and other places the thing looks better and runs better after the nightmare. looking to boost in the next couple weeks. BTW, my truck is at his house in another state (about 1.5-2 hrs away so I can help him and he with his/my hot rod. He is building a bad ass Mustang. Too bad it is a rag top and bright yellow lol I keep asking him what his wife drives while he has her wheels lol. No, J/K, the car does look awesome if I do say so. Thanks for reading and lmk about that centering ring if one is around

2. 91turboterror

Any luck finding one?

3. Drac0nic

Is there actually interest in this on your part? As funny as it sounds I have an Atlas Lathe and in turn I could probably knock something like this out without a crap ton of trouble. I'd need some dimensions and to go get some stock of some kind (heck I'd probably use plastic funnily enough.) The other option is to 3D print it up too.

TTF/Ken likes this.
  4. mookandairin

It seems to be centered pretty good to be honest. It doesn't wobble at all so I am thinking it is good. If for some reason it does move for any reason, I will defiantly shoot you them dementions straight away so I know for a fact I am good. but like I said it looks to be straight as an arrow. Before I had it installed I seen/was reading the new ones do come with one. Mine on the other hand is a 2nd hand part and I didn't think it was given to me or I just lost it over they years I had it. That usually happens a lot more than you would think. buy stuff twice just to find it after the fact. Thank you for reaching out. I really do appreciate that A LOT.

Drac0nic likes this.