1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Oem 4.6 engine$/?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Mikes001GT, May 30, 2009.

1. Mikes001GT

I need a little help here, I found a complete 2002 4.6 2v Crate motor still on crate with 0 miles for $1800.00 Is this a good buy? It has every accessory alt,waterpump,ps pump, ac compressor, as well as the wiring harness etc... This isnt for a turbo application looking to replace the motor in a 98 I have and make it a DD...Im not sure what these motors go for from Ford.. Any Advice THANKS GUYS

2. 99TTGT

brand new complete
    sure

3. Mikes001GT

Yeah its complete, tho since its going in a 98 some of the stuff wont work like the harness and cops..etc.. i just wasnt sure what a new motor from Ford would cost, wanna make sure its a good deal before i buy...Also would the stock 98 tune be acceptable for the new motor?

4. stangman9897

The short block is worth more than that. If you pass on it I will take it. Is it from the ford dealer.?

5. Mikes001GT

Its a factory Ford motor that a guy got for a project and didnt end up using, Pretty sure im gonna go for it..

6. stangman9897

Like we say in Texas I would jump on that like a duck on a junebug. :chacha:

7. Mikes001GT

Well I picked it up today had a crack in the valve cover ended up paying 1700, Seemed to be a great deal motor even had a brand new oem clutch and flywheel bolted on...

8. 70turbonator

good deal bro

9. stangman9897

I would pull the plugs and put a little wd40 or trans fluid if it has been sitting for six or seven years before trying to turn it over. SWEET DEAL.

10. Mikes001GT

Well threw the new motor in this weekend fired and ran nice and smooth, Im happy :)

11. stangman9897

Then thats a job well done. still should have sold it to me :D