1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

OBX sbc turbo headers may have some more

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by M&M Turbochargers, Aug 26, 2013.

1. M&M Turbochargers

2. 2muchboost

Has anyone tried these out? I was looking at these but haven't heard much feedback.

3. PrecisionTurboMustang

Kind of expensive for china bay stuff.

4. madspeed

agreed ^^^^^^

5. M&M Turbochargers

i ordered a pair , should be here today,, prob a while before ill have them on anything though

6. Chuck L

BBC sized tubes....

7. Forcefed86

I wouldn't run those personally. 16g is on the thin side and the runners are way to large for an SBC. Exh. Velocity and spool time will be way down. Set of OEM manifolds will work better and be stronger. JMHO

8. jridenour31

There's nothing wrong with 16 gauge. That's what 99% of people run. They're definitely expensive though.

I have a hard time believing they actually used 1.9" for the primaries but who knows, Chinese crap is crazy.

9. Forcefed86

Some may get away with it with good bracing and flex sections. I had OBX 16 gauge manifold crack out on my 4 cyl daily driver. Many others had the same results. I'd look for something a bit tougher ideally.

10. jridenour31

The problem is the garbage metal they use, not the fact that it's 16 gauge.

11. Forcefed86

Maybe if they weren't using the SS they claimed to be using. Mine claimed to be made of 321 stainless. Suppose to be much tougher as it uses titanium in the alloy for additional strength. Most are made of 304 which is much weaker than 321.

12. Rink

I've had a set for awhile, Stainless Works knock offs. Bought them when they first came out, mine measure about 1 7/8 pipes. :) You will have to rework the holes that bolt to the head a little,as mm to inch conversions seems to be a problem for them. Only had them on a mockup as of yet but, I think these are going to be fine @ half the cost of S.W. My turbo Buick stock manifolds are 1 1/2 @ 231 ci so if you add a 120 ci or more, spin the sbc a little more I don't believe there will be a problem. ;)

13. TwinTLuv

Cousin runs these headers on his 67 Camaro, 388sbc with a pt106, has been 8.40s @ 168, been on the car two seasons, only issue he had that I remember is them being to close to the valve cover, his heads have the exhaust flange machined flat on the head, dart pro 1s, but they fit my iron eagles with no spacer

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad