1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

O-ringing groove in aluminum block?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by OJs 99 Cobra, Oct 18, 2011.

1. OJs 99 Cobra

Has anyone had real world experience o-ringing an aluminum 4.6? Did you cut the receiver groove in the aluminum block or in the sleeve? If you cut the block, did it tear up the deck after use? I know these are general questions but I am considering o-ringing and running copper head gaskets next year.

OJ

2. stangman9897

No need to O ring the block all you need is some good gaskets and ARP head studs and a stright deck and head and will hold 30 PSI , people run a lot of boost with out O ringing the block.

3. OJs 99 Cobra

4. OJs 99 Cobra

Thanks, I'm already dry decked so not a problem. Any reason you went to thinner gasket on the new ride other than a boost in compression?

5. OJs 99 Cobra

ok dumb comment trying to read my cell phone...lol. it's actually a thicker gasket...