1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Air to water intercooler

Discussion in 'Turbocharged Boat and Watercraft Forum' started by Hass828, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Hass828

Hey guys, I'm thinking of going blowthrough, do you think that this intercooler could be adapted to fit on top of a carb instead of using a bonnet ?

Thanks for any help, Hass

2. SNYPER

Post this in the carb + boost section.....I would say you could but it will not be very effective as compared to an ev hat.

Travis

3. BAD69BIRD

wow that would be a wierd hat!

4. firechicken

Where did you find that?
    I've been looking for one for years for my draw-thru set up.

5. TTAWD

That's not a hat, it bolts directly to the intake.
    There was a guy at the local the track running a draw thru setup using one these
    on a BBC, it run low 8's back in the early 90's.

6. Filucky

I have the Race aero draw thru setup and i'm in the process of putting it back together and i'm useing my old intercooler that is the same style as yours (basically), what i did was get a aluminum ring off of a carb hat and i welded it to the 4150 flange (on intercooler) and then filled in with weld what i needed to and then ground it all down pretty. I'm going to run long studs that go from the intake, thru the carb and into the intercooler ( double nut the intercooler, one one the bottom and one inside intercooler) I think it will work great but i'll know for sure in a few weeks hopefully. :D

7. Hass828

let me know how it works out for ya, thanks, Hass

8. Filucky

Will do, if i thought i could rember how to post a picture on here i would show ya what i've done. But i think it will work out real slick. :D

9. Hass828

You have to put the pic on photobucket first then copy&paste the link to it, good luck with it . I'd like to see it when you finish it.

10. tunneljet

11. Remote Booster

that inter cooler is very interesting are they efficient and do they work well,,,and the big question is are they available. i looked on banks website and i cant find them.

12. tunneljet

they are efficeint and work really well. they are only found used as they came with the banks turbo kit for boats in the 70's and 80's.