1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

No spark in the #8 hole,bs3,4.6,cop

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by 90 notch, Sep 19, 2010.

1. 90 notch

This just came about all the sudden.Here is a break down of the combo 4.6,bs3,cop,ysi.I have checked everything,new plug wires,new coils,etc.You can take the #7 cop plug and put it to 8 and spark,do the same for #8 cop plug to number #7 and nothing it follows the plug!We tryed a different bs3 box,same effect,NOTHING! :bang:

2. 79fairmont

We've had the same issues with the bs3 stuff. They said it only happens in 5 percent of modulars. They told us it was a crank and cam sensor issue. We would have to move the crank sensor. They suggested puttin a washer under the crank sensor to "tilt" it. I wasn't quite a fan of that. I do have a solution but I'm not proud of it and not even 100 percent sure bs3 people were telling us the whole truth about the issue. If you want to hear how I moved the crank sensor send me a pm.

3. CYA LS1

i recently also had this same issue. I put a 1/2 washer under my cam sensor to tilt it and it runs great now. If you have a laptop crank the car and check the UEGOR value. If it is not 28 it will not fire cylinder 2 or 8. I would call Big Stuff and make sure the number is 28 as I am not near my car to check it to be certain. But that is how I fixed mine.

4. bags50lx

I have had that issue before. The ugeor needs to read 28 if not it will not fire number 2 and 8. The first one i modified I cut th timing cover and moved it the nex one I got the steeda timing wheel. The steeda wheel was the easiest option I have found so far.

5. allgo

half inch washer? isnt that a spacer not a washer..lol

6. bdmach1

Still amazes me that some guys don't have any trouble at all then you here about a guy here or there that is having all kinds of issues with it! :stupid: This was one of the reasons that I went with a ditributor on my car, cause knowing my luck i'd have nothing but trouble with BS3/COP.... :doh:

7. CYA LS1

1/2 washer as in I cut a section out of a washer and wedged under 1 side of the cam sensor. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

8. 90 notch

Hey guys thanks for all your help,took 10 mins to fix,great job guys!!!!!Now i can say i've seen it all!Steve o