1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

At the track on Sunday

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by Stroked-Z, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Stroked-Z

Went up to do some test passes on Sunday, getting the new combo +AMS 500 sorted out. I'll tell ya, that AMS is an amazing tuning tool! The ability to dial in boost & ramp it in as needed is great! Previously, the only thing i used was a manual boost controller. Here's the combo again:

'69 T/A @ 3580+ lbs - gotta get it re-weighed as i added the A/W and 3 1/2" exhaust.
    400" SBC
    AFR 235s
    Custom Bullet SR cam
    Davis & Co. inspired 850cfm carb - started life an a Quickfuel - 75 sq. jets, .087" PVCRs
    MP T76- P trim .96 housings
    MSD 7531
    1 3/4" headers - 3 1/2" full exhaust to the bumper
    Th400 w/ PTC converter
    3.25 gear
    M/T 28x10.5Wx15 et drags

Only did 5 passes that day, still trying to get the car to leave & not rip the tires off

Went 9.23 @ 154.X @ 14psi

Went 8.83 @ 161.X on 20psi - 1.49 60' and it was sidwways @ the 1/8th

Did a few other passes but it was ripping the tires off - 9.61 @ 161 & 9.9 @ 160

My C02 bottle leaked out before i got to the track so i was relying on manifold pressure to control the boost! It was working well, but the datalogs looked like a blower car - as rpm increased boost would increase - ex. started off at 17psi then went to 20psi at higher rpm

All in all it was a good day, going to get some new tires + adjustable shocks & try it again!

Carb was maintaining an 11.1 AFR rock solid during the whole pass. These MP T-76s come on much quicker than my MP T-70s....not sure how or why, but i like it!

-Carm

[​IMG]#ad

2. NITROUSKINGZ

1/8 time and mph?

3. Slim

The MPH really tells the Horsepower story, now it's just a matter of getting it to the track Nice Job. It's a good comfort level knowing the engine is running at 11.1 AFR, wouldn't think you're gonna hurt anything in that zone....

4. leeperryracing

now i'm seriously considering going straight to .96 housing instead of .68s when i order the t70s for my dart 400 motor. It comes out at 9:2:1cr and i've made up my mind to try e85, if i don't like it, i'll just switch back to a gas carb....simple enough.

5. 88MMrocket

that bitch is flying Carm!! :2thumbs:

6. Stroked-Z

Went 5.79 @ 127.X in the 1/8th

I would definetly do the .96 housings on a 400" - even if its a Mopar :D

-Carm

7. leeperryracing

Its not a dart as in a mopar Carm lol, I meant a dart chevy block and it will be going into a thirdgen camaro that should come in at around 3300lbs or so. If you're claiming that the 76s with .96 p-trim housings come on that fast on your 400ci, there's no reason why t70s with the same exhaust housings on my 400 with a little more compression, a 3.08 gear and a 2.40 1st geared th-400 shouldn't come on nicely too :noidea:

8. Stroked-Z

Oh they'll come on nice too......but you have too much 1st gear in that TH400 !!!!!! This aint Super Stock!

-Carm

9. leeperryracing

I thought the 2.40 1st gear was stock in th400s and then you can go down to a 2.10 or so if you want?? what would you suggest and what rpms were you turning on those passes?

10. Stroked-Z

For some reason i was thinking glide when i posted that! Been hanging out with some stock/super stock guys & these guys juggle gear ratios like we do boost!

Crossed the traps at 6800 or so

-Carm

11. 99TTGT

Videos?

12. Stroked-Z

Still waiting............................................................................................. im going to buy a new camcorder before i goto the track next time

-Carm

13. DigRacer

Just found this thread Carm. Forget my post in your other thread looking for an update. ;)

This makes me feel alot better about my turbos going on the Chevelle. I was worried they would spool slow. Glad to hear you went to the 76's. Exact same ones I got! :2thumbs:

They actually feel like they spool quicker than the T70 Ptrims? Do you have any comparable ET and MPH numbers from some T70 passes to tell how much difference the T76's made?

Glad to see they worked out for you. Now get the power to the ground all the way down the track and that thing will even more amazing. :D

14. Proaction14

Very cool Carm, glad to see your getting the new turbos figured out, that things is already flying after only a few passes. Looks like your MPH is already way up there, and if you say the 76s are spooling faster than the 60', and everything should pick up which is awesome.

So far Im really liking swicthing to the TC76s, they spool just as fast as my 62s did which is hard to figure out. I know you didnt like the TC76s on your car. Next time I'll try the MPs : )

15. 10secgoal

I love that it looks like maybe a 10 sec car.