1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

No breathers.. ideas?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by xxfastangxx, Mar 7, 2009.

1. xxfastangxx

Yes I searched...
    My results weren't very good though

Is there anyway to run a pcv valve without breathers, and without a vac pump? I ran breathers on my NA setup and the smell that comes in when the heat or AC is on isn't fun.

What are you guys doing with your pcv systems?

Will a supra pcv valve alone be enough?

Thanks

2. WS6HUMMER

I'm running no PCV valve but a 3/8" line of each valve cover with a one way check valve to a baffled catch can, then from the clean side of the catch can to the breather on the turbo. That way when the turbo spools it will create a vaccum and pull the pressure out.

3. xlr8a4d

Maybe a air/water seperator would work fine also? I am thinking of trying that when I get mine back together.