1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

To stroke or not to stroke

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Boosted_vendetta, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Boosted_vendetta

04 LS swapped mustang.
    6.0, 243 heads, btr stage 3 twin turbo cam,
    S366 t4 twin turbos, shearer fab upper with Holley low ram intake. Running E85.

Do I stroke it to a 408 or let it be? This will be a daily driver and probably never see any track time.

2. Disney Lincoln

Is it lacking low end torque?

3. ashford

depends on if you have a girlfriend or not.

no but seriously for dd purposes i would not, a 4 inch stroke in a ls pulls the piston pretty far out the bottom of the sleeve which makes for short piston life.

Boosted_vendetta likes this.
  4. 91turboterror

let it live a long and happy life as a stock stroke engine .

Boosted_vendetta likes this.
  5. Boosted_vendetta

No, it has plenty of low end torque. Guess I'll be leaving it alone. That way I can live long life. Well as long as it can lol with my driving. Thanks guys!