1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

No boost on my standard Peugeot, BorgWarner k03

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by UnknownMaster00, Sep 27, 2019.

1. UnknownMaster00

Hey there guys, trying to figure out whats happening with the turbo on my Peugot. The car makes -2.0 psi of boost, doesn't have any boost leaks on all the boost charge pipes. The engine light is on, and is giving codes for the boost pressure sensor not getting any boost, and then a "Diverter valve control circuit" issue Is the wastegate just toasted? Should I try to replace the spring inside the wastegate, or just buy an entirely new wastegate? Trying to get a mechanic to fix this has been impossible.
    Thanks in advance for any advice!!

2. B E N

Pull the turbo, check the wheels for play, look at the housings and see if there is any evidence of rubbing, make sure they aren't siezed. You will be able to see if the wastegate is seized at the same time. If all of that checks good report back.

UnknownMaster00 likes this.
  3. Bad Medicine Racing

Is the diverter valve not the blow off? If it is staying open it will not make boost.

4. 91turboterror

If you have a diverter valve control circuit code you may have a wiring issue or fuse with it. I wonder if it uses the same junk Bosch diverter valves that the latemodel vw uses . The diaphragms would fail.They make an upgraded stock replacement one if it does.

5. UnknownMaster00

Don't have time to pull the turbo, but the turbine seems fine, zero play and spins freely. I can hear a hissing sound from the throttle body, or intake manifold.
    I've now replaced the blow-off valve (Peugeot calls it a diverter valve for whatever reason) with no differences. I think I have a MAJOR boost leak somewhere near the throttle body or intake mani itself.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  6. UnknownMaster00

Yeah, it is. I've just replaced that now and it was not the problem.

7. UnknownMaster00

Definitely not the fuse or wiring. Checked fuse it was fine. Tested wiring by checking codes with the DV valve connected, and then not connected. I cleared codes at the start of each test. The code does not come until I floor it and try to make boost in 2nd upward. I get codes P0299, P2262.
    EDIT: also replaced the DV valve as it was throwing a code as well. Not quite sure whats going on here anymore. At this point it may be the wastegate but I think its a boost leak as I hear a loud hissing above 1500 rpm hissing is coming from intake manifold area, could be a boost pipe thats come loose, or maybe my throttle body is the issue. Side note I had bad engine mounts when the code first appeared. Could have definitely jolted something loose, or maybe even cracked my intake