1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Nitrous on the 2 step

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 20psiofevil, Aug 30, 2015.

1. 20psiofevil

I'm spraying a 50hp shot to spool my turbo on the line off a push button. I can stall my converter up to 2700-2800rpm before it starts pushing forward. The way I do the nitrous now is get up to stall speed, green light take off and then hit the button. This isn't working very well for me and very inconsistent. My question is now I want to get it on the 2 step and then activate the nitrous on the 2 step, is this how I should be doing it?

On a side note, how much tire pressure should I run in hoosier qtp's? 27 10.5 15. Tried 18psi and getting real bad wheel hop. Strange 10way rears with bagged stock springs and arb. solid lowers stock uppers.

2. luckythirteen13

Have you considered a window switch for the nitrous?

3. 20psiofevil

I may get a window switch or boost deactivation switch when I crank it up to 20psi. Really just want to see how others are using nitrous to launch with a turbo. The car really needs a trans brake. I want to see if I can get it right with just a 2 step first.