1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Nitrous for now while gettign turbo kit together???

Discussion in 'Nitrous, E85, Methanol and Water Injection' started by NXRMafia, Oct 15, 2014.

1. NXRMafia

I'm working on a blow through kit for my 95 Supra LS swap and was wondering if I could have alittle fun in the mean time since I have a 150hp nitrous kit with the perimeter plate just sitting on the shelf. Saw this combo on yellow bullet. Any of you gurus here see any truth in this? Also I wonder what gas type he was using and would it be worth investing in a used progressive control to be easier on the bottom end? Or is 150hp shot a walk in the part on a carbed 5.3 LS enigne?

5.3, stock bottom end besides some rod bolts
    Ported 243 heads
    Cam similar to Magic Stick 3(237/242 .603/.609)
    Victor Jr intake with carb
    Edelbrock plate kit
    th400 with no brake
    3.73 gear w/ 28x10.5
    Full weight car aside from a glass hood and tubular suspension

11.60s on motor with no real tuning done
    10.07 on a 150 shot(Pass #1 and #2 in the video)
    9.8x on a 175 shot(Pass #3 and #4 in the video)

About as budget as you can get.