1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Nhra Legal ? Removable Cage Rear Seat Bar ? Info please..

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by RNMHRD, Jan 24, 2008.

1. RNMHRD

Is this false advertisement ? or any truth to it ??

This is from Chris alston chassis works web site..
    Also check out there Tech section and "roll bar install" the install a 8-point bar with swing-out door bars & Removable rear seat/brace bar and it says its NHRA Legal ???

Anyone ever install one ? if there NHRA legal i want one for my VERT..!!!!

Item: 7034
    Description:
    Details: REMOVABLE-BACK-BRACE BRACKET KIT,1-5/8"
    Designed for a 1-5/8 x .134" wall back brace bar tube. This kit allows a roll cage or roll bar back brace to be removed. The kit uses a weld clevis and weld tab on each end of the tube. Simply remove the bolts on both sides and the bar can be removed making access to the rear seat easy. Kit includes all parts to complete one back brace bar.

Unit of Measure: EACH

Item Pricing: $75.00

PDF Link...
    http://www.cachassisworks.com/Stories/HowCAC-005_WEB.pdf

2. SNYPER

I asked last year when they were certing in town and they said NO!!!!

3. Nestromaro

So how much cage do you have to have to go 10.50s?

4. wazslow

You only need a roll bar, technically only 5 points. Although most would run the passenger side bar and call it 6 point. That would get you to 10.0

5. pronova

6 point unless you modified the floor then 10 point is required
    :ahah:
    and the cross bar in the back has to be welded in non removible :2thumbs:

6. tt350chevelle

I believe you must also have a stock firewall to get away with the 5 point.

Brad J.

7. CutlassRacer

With a completely stock floorpan you only need a 5-point in a full body car (no verts) tun run 10.00. We have a few NHRA Super Street cars that run out of our shop and this is all the "roll cage" that they have. If it were not legal, the NHRA techs would have busted them many times over, but they have not.

8. cobrasan

Cutlass, What shop do you dyno at in G-ville?