1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

newby question - Water meth injection location

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by BUX21, May 28, 2014.

1. BUX21

Hi guys,
    starting to piece together a twin turbo SBC setup in a 73 Camaro, setup so far 350 +040 9:1 compression NXE274H cam, World Sportsman II heads with port work, Victor Junior intake, CSU 750 Blow through carb with CSU hat, A1000 pump and reg with -8 feed and -10 return lines, ICE ignition with Map sensor and adjustable boost retard. Going with 2 x Borgwarner S366 turbos with .88 single scroll exhaust side.
    My question is Where do I run the Water Meth Injection jet ? close to each turbo outlet or at the merge form two to one ?

2. sarg

I always did right at the throttle. Not sure on a blow through.

3. pound4pound

If you have 2 nozzles and they are the same jet I'd go pre turbo if you don't have an inter cooler.......or like you said in the outlet tube on the charge pipes from the turbo....it needs a chance to mix a lil before the carb sees it if you understand what I'm saying.....pre turbo cools the turbo and air at the source of the heat

4. Jeremy

Not a fan of pre turbo unless its a very small jet used for a little cooling.

What is your power goal and fuel choice?

5. JP.

Thought that water methanol hurts the impellors of the turbo so that rules pre turbo out.
    Have mine fited in the carb hat inline with the turbo intake. Just at the bottom so its out of sight.

6. BUX21

Hoping to make about 550 at the wheels - but like all things we will see where we end up.