1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

NEWBIE, how much HP while passing NC emissions?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by UnrulyNFS, Nov 27, 2004.

1. UnrulyNFS

I've got a stock 93 GT i would love to beef up. I've got lots of ideas and some extra cash, I just don't know about passing the emissions in Guilford Co NC.

I'd like to build a street sleeper just to play around on the weekends with, I just don't want the hassle of passing the sniffer.

How much HP do you think I could get with a twin turbo setup and still pass emissions??????????

Any help appreciated.

2. wannab Z

My friend is making about 1800hp and still passes sniff tests. The only thing that's going to limit you is your wallet.

3. NonTurboSpoolin

Go ahead and make whatever horsepower you want. When emission'd, lean it out... they won't go WOT with it so it' should be fine.

4. NeedaTurbo

5. bmxdaniel

unless your car needs an inspection before the end of the year don't worry about it. I work at a garage just outside of greensboro so i'm kinda up on all this inspection stuff. At the end of the year they are dropping the sniff test and everything 95 and older will just be a saftey inspection.. meaning everything has to be there but it doesn't really have to work (as far as emmissions goes.)