1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

New to turbos, need advice

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Trickpony, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Trickpony

New to the forum and new to turbos. Looking for some advice on a fox body coupe build with a 420" Windsor and a Precision x275 88mm turbo and a powerglide. Planning to run e85 and race gas in MX235 and a little in x275, mainly 1/8 mile stuff. I'm trying to figure out what compression ratio, cam, transmission gear and what rear gear would be best?

Think I want a cam with about .840 lift and mid 270 duration at 0.050 on a 116 LCA. 10:1 compression? 1.69 gear in trans and a 3.50 rear gear? Am I out in left field? Any help is appreciated.

Heads are GV2 and they flow 422 @ .900 lift
    Will run Holley EFI with 160 Lb/Hr injectors
    Car will weigh 3200 lbs
    radial tires - 235/60-15 or 275/60-15 depending on class

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

2. anothernewb

Way out of my league, and I'd guess you're probably in range for needing to adapt a custom-built Powerglide. Your stock 8.8 axle can be upgraded far enough.