1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need Help Tuning my 95 Turbo 331

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 98snakehorse, Jun 13, 2012.

1. 98snakehorse

I have a turbo 331 stang. 60lbs injectors, walbro 255 pump, TF heads and a TF cam. I am having a hell of a time getting it to run right. I got a base tune from someone but I'm still having constant popping coming out of the exhaust at idle. And while driving the rpms drop instantly between shifts and falls on its face. I'm using a megasquirt plug and play with tunerstudio. Can anyone help me to get this thing running right???

2. 98snakehorse

Anyone got a base tune for a 5.0 turbo car?

3. Matt Cramer

4. 98snakehorse

Thanks for the help, I dropped it off to have it proffesionally dyno tuned last week tuesday, so we'll see how that work out. Looking for 500whp.

5. 98snakehorse

Dont think I ever posted my results. At 11psi i'm making 420rwhp and 500ftlbs of tq. They had to stop due to an oil leak on the feed line to the turbo and too much oil coming out of the valve cover breathers. I'm needing to install a catch can set up and then I will start shooting for 500rwhp.