1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

540 BBC Turbo selection

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Keith Menard, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Keith Menard

My boat is a 19' Jet with Crusader Hull, AA impeller.
    The Engine is a Dart block 540 cubic inch Chevy with Callies Dragon Slayer crank, ultra rods, JE Dish pistons, AFR 325 Heads, and a Straub cam. The compression is right around 8 to 1.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I am targeting around 1200hp. If possible I would like to stay in a T04 frame, as most of my turbo parts are left over from an older banks setup with a Rayjay 300e. My thought is the 300e is too small for this setup. Would the turbonetics Benita be an appropriate turbo for my application? [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

2. pound4pound

Because of your hp goal they will work but I think the 68mm turbine wil chock past that. But again it doesn't sound like your trying to max this thing out.

why the desire to stay t4. T6 s475. 1.10 ar and I think 82mm turbine wheel will rock and cheaper