1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

NEW PICS of completed turbo project 2000 GT 11/15/06

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by tommyboy, Oct 16, 2006.

1. tommyboy

Here are the pics...they are totally mock up b/c i just found out after hacking up my k-member, i need to just go ahead and buy a tubular one. I havent installed the front mount either.And i still need all my RPS silicone couplers and a little piping to finish up the charge pipes!! i did have to move my ABS about 2 inches up. Who's the guy on the forums that can get tubular k's for $230 to the door?? :D it may not have been this board, but let me know if you guys know who i'm talking about.

cant even see the turbo from the top side!!

2. MagicBus

Re: 00GT single turbo.....i have a few misc. questions

Focus pump should be fine at that level, but I would atleast do a wiring upgrade ( 10 gauge), or better yet, a BAP.
    As for the check valve, and filter.. That setup worked fine for me.
    Swap the plugs while your at it.. NGK TR6, with a tight gap.
    and get Dyno Tune!

3. tommyboy

i'm definitley getting it dyno tuned before i drive it anywhere! :2thumbs: i'm going to use the xcal2 and let PSI in Houston do the dyno tuning!! I'll post some pics as soon as i get everything installed!!

4. tommyboy

Re: 00GT single turbo.....(PICS ADDED!!!)

pics added :2thumbs:

5. autosay97

Looks good, didn't 86twinturbo build that kit a while back? I like the fact that you can't see the turbo, does the turbo drain line have enough fall on it? Good luck bud, keep the pics coming. What do you have done to the motor, is it stock?

6. Samhain

lookin good!

7. Allen2001GT

looking real good man, can't wait to see the progress in the future. :2thumbs:

8. tommyboy

yeah, this is his old kit that he never completed....i was told it would fit twith the stock k....but i knew my luck >:( oh well, i was planning a tubular front end in the future anyway!! i was also skeptical about the drain but it has enough angle to gravity drain. The motor is bone stock, so i'm going to run on 7-8psi.

9. tommyboy

Tubualr K is in!!!! I'll re-install my setup and get some more pics!! I also finished collecting parts for the coldside, so it should be up and running in the next couple of days!! :2thumbs:

10. T76 Mach

Mad props and respect to the guys over at P.S.I. Houston/Webster.They have really come along way and made a name for there self out there.You chose right by choosing them.

11. tommyboy

i've only heard good stuff from them and he fixed my 98GT when no other shop could!!

12. 91redmustang

That's looking good, man.

13. tommyboy

it's running!!!! :chacha: At only 3psi, it feels alot faster!! Maybe it's just the turbo spool that makes it feel faster :huh: Anyway, i'm getting oil in my downpipe so i'm going to invest in the restrictor flange from stage 7 on ebay. I'm going to add pics once i find my digi cam again!!! I love the sound of turbo spool!!! I made a guy in a powerstroke do a double take when he heard it spool up. Now it's time for a tune @8psi!!!

14. mustanggreg

What did you use to seal your LMAF flange?

Gasket? Ultra copper?

15. tommyboy

i havent installed the lmaf yet, until i get to the tune shop, i've seen people use silicone....actually the lmaf i bought has traces of a silicone gasket that was on there so i'll probably just use silicone. a rubber gasket did come with my cold air fenderwell kit though, i might see if that fits first.

16. mystang

just go to napa or autozone etc. and ask them for some gasket material. I would suggets napa as you dont have to buy a huge roll as they can cut it for you. This is what i did on my sct ba2400

17. tommyboy

that's a great idea...i'll do that if my stock gasket doesnt fit!!

18. dmoss69

I'd like to see some pics with the tubular k on there.

Moss

19. tommyboy

i'll add some shortly :angel:

20. tommyboy

i'm getting my blowoff welded to the charge pipe as we speak!!! all i'm waiting on is the oil restrictor and it will be ready to be tuned on 8psi!!! :chacha: