1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

New personal best 1/8th and 1/4 pass, Got into the 8s! MMR Stroker and Hellion

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Vitoman, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Vitoman

Ive had a up and down year this year but it finally paid off yesterday! We went to Cedar Falls Raceway and ran a local 10.5 race. Its a 1/4 track but the 10.5 races are all 1/8 mile. It started off pretty good with a new 1/8th mile best, 5.74 at 125. It ran in that range a couple more times and then we had a chance to make a 1/4 hit in test and tune and it went 8.85 at 153! Big thanks to Hellion Power Systems, MMR, Kurgan Motorsports and my pit crew. Good way to end the year for me! Videos below...

2. 99TTGT

congratulations... :2thumbs:
    nice videos

3. bdmach1

Congrats on your new best!!! :2thumbs:

Can you post up your incrementals??? like to see what your .60 was and what the backhalf numbers look like!

Bob

4. Hemann

Congrats. Did you change the turbos? How did you cut your time down so much? I thought you were running 6.0's. Tell us your secret Ryan.

I talked with your Dad at the last Eddyville race and he said you tried to make it but ran into problems. Should have came down anyways. It was a good race.

5. Vitoman

Thanks Mark,
    I need the turbo cams I think. Ill call you this week.

Hemann,
    I didnt change a thing with the exception of upping the two step. I started looking at some logs from last year and realized that I had the two step down in the 3900 range when I was on drag radials because I as having a tough time getting the tire to hook and just left it like that. I moved the two step to 4800 and it came back to life, along with the car making boost a lot sooner on the brake. I was at Eddyville for the last 10.5 race, just not with the car.

Here is the slip...
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad