1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

New Official TurboForums.com project car

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by WaterPog, May 1, 2008.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaterPog

Hello again, it's time to let the cat out of the bag so to speak on my new project. This will without a doubt be my most substantial project to date, but I've got a lot of help both locally and from the forum.

The car I'm starting with is a 1992 Fox Coupe, 4cyl auto, Red exterior and grey interior, nothing ground breaking but a clean and solid starting point. There will be some before pics attached below later tonight.

I am targeting the car at the Outlaw Radial and True 10.5 type classes along the west coast, Heads-Up NW True Street, PSCA Xtreme Radial, WCHRA TT5, NPSA TT5 and the SCSN Xtreme Radial classes. For the most part the car will be run on 315/60-15 radials and with Stock Style suspension. The starting point for the chassis is a Wolfe Racecraft 25.2 kit which I have already started assembling. The Drivetrain is still somewhat open but the current plan is for a 500"ish Big Block Chevy with twin turbos, probably in the 80-88mm range and running on Methanol. The trans will likely be a Powerglide and the rearend is going to be a 9" that I'm working on currently also.

Now for the twist, this entire project is going to be built using parts sourced from our sponsors here on The Turbo Forums.com ! We have an awesome group of sponsors here supporting the site and this should be a great way for them to get their names out there and show everyone what they are all about.

I will be making updates here as often as possible, plans are to have the car at the track by spring of '09.

Thank You,

Eric Eddy

2. RI85GT

This will be interesting ;)

Let me know if I can help in any way :2thumbs:

3. BlownShovel

x2

4. pdonk93lx

Wicked project. Its a great idea using all the site sponsors here. Everybody I have dealt with has been great, and always willing to go the extra mile for their customers. I use them whenever possible. -Pat

5. WaterPog

Here are some pics of where it's at now

100_0760.JPG #ad

100_0770.JPG #ad

100_0762.JPG #ad

100_0763.JPG #ad

100_0764.JPG #ad

100_0765.JPG #ad

100_0766.JPG #ad

6. WaterPog

7. charged9250

Hey Eric I changed my mind I want the car back... hehehe Joke..

So when is the cage going in?

Man I need to get off my azz and start a thread on my build. :D

8. Robert1320

Count CDR Performance in!
    Let us know where and when can help! :cheers:

9. Trentk

This is going to be sweet!!

10. Unatural

Very cool Eric. This sounds like it will definitely be a good one to watch. :2thumbs:

BTW, did you throw in the picture of the red hatch back up there just for good measure or what? ;)

11. court9155

Gonna be fun!!!

12. 67TurboChevelle

It's about time the cats out of the bag :chacha:

13. 99TTGT

:jdp: :yum: :corn:yhat thing is go in to be an animal! :2thumbs: :bow:

14. slither

Cool idea using the sponsers as the source for all parts. All of the ones Ive dealt with on here have been awsome over the years.

BTW, who makes a 315/60/15 DR?

15. 99TTGT

how are you goin to get that thing in there?

16. BlownShovel

Magic Dust :D

Sawzall the floor out.. and lower the car over it

17. WaterPog

yep, cage will go in through the bottom and then the floor will be put back in place afterwards.

18. TwoFastT3s

That is a pic of my daily driver 4cyl,... I'm not sure why he put it in there, perhaps all the brake clean was going to his head?

Nate

p.s. Eric, Almost time to move it behind the fence huh? :2thumbs:

19. TeeJay

That sounds like it wouldn't be too too hard... BTW Good luck with the build, sounds like it will be a great one.

x2 On using the sponsors for the build

20. 99TTGT

Any updates?