1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

looking for mileage on a wj?

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by boosted88coupe, Dec 25, 2010.

1. boosted88coupe

2004 wj grand cherokee 4.0l... sucks on fuel big time... who is the best tuner for these?... everyone else with this size vehicle can easily knock down 20+ mpg but this thing gets 14-15mpg... on the highway. I want to consider my options.. give me ur thoughts. I only run premium fuel the goal is 20mpg+
    Programmer with custom tune
    Exhaust
    Intake
    New plugs
    Possibly delete factory crap and go with a megasquirt
    ....stereotypically chrysler products get horrible mileage and I doubt it is due to driveline inefficiencies but rather tuning and metering of the engines....

2. RS377

3. boosted88coupe

My wife drives it highway miles only and its getting 14mpg. Sucks horrible... but I know from years of experience that ttf guys a brilliant and if something can be done custom its being done here... jeep guys seem to thing that's ok mileage except for a few. I have searched with little results of guys doing. Turbo'd 4.0l jeeps and all of them say buy a superchips which they suck... I want custom tunes as they are always better.
    Brandon

4. Traction Issuez

It's a chrysler dude, no makie fuel economy. Plugs, wires, filter, O2 sensors

5. CW25

I thought that was a ford thing. LOL