1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

New guy from upstate N.Y.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mrabel, Jan 13, 2014.

1. mrabel

Hi every body! I've just purchased a 2000 mustang gt, pretty cheap and clean for a project. I just sold my completed fox restoration and want to play again. That being said the current thought is a mild 6.0 lq4 stand alone wiring backed by a 4l80e with twin garrett gt 3582r's. I know what is entailed with the swap but, my biggest hurdle is that I have to work out what is required for NYS emissions to be legal and the PATS security system. From what I've seen on this forum I know I'm in the right place. Thanks in advance for the info and help I'll need. Jonathan

2. bustedspoke

Boost the 4.6!!!! we dont need another bastard stepchild Mustang! A set of rods and pistons and u have a stout combo ready for abuse. But I guess u can follow the crowd into ls wonderland. oh and from one new guy to another WELCOME ABOARD!

3. 91turboterror

Welcome to the forum. Where are you from in NY? I'm from NJ.

4. FRANKTHETANK

From syracuse here. welcome!

5. mrabel

To answer some of the previous questions...the above mentioned parts were already purchased for another project and would like to use them. I suppose I could put one of the turbos on the 4.6 to blow it up then proceed with the swap. And as far as bastard stepchild mustang...don't care about that. Fast is fast and thinking outside of what is already given, isn't that what this hobby is all about. I don't care if it's the "in thing now" I'd still do it if it wasn't. Also, I'm in a small town about 45 mins northwest of Albany. Thanks and looking forward to being part of the board.