1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

"New" belt guard for old gen Prochargers

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by quicknova, Apr 6, 2008.

1. quicknova

"New" belt guard for old gen Prochargers

So Jake and I, for over a year now, had pm'd several times about making a belt guard for the older style Procharger brackets, in my case a SBC F1R. Well finally between me shipping my bracket to him and him taking the time to make it, here it is!

Real nice quality, just wish I had done better painting it, next year maybe find a powder coater.. Thanks Jake and hope ya sell some more now.. :welder: :)

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. basketcase

Re: "New" belt guard for old gen Prochargers

Jake does nice work!

3. 59rat

HMMMMM..looks familiar old F1R bracket. Jake is the BEST.

sorry I guess it's to big

4. quicknova

Yeah I saw another pic of yours and was wondering how old it was since it looked similar to mine..

5. Jake

Awesome dude! You got it on. I coulda got it powdercoated for you if you wanted. :D Again I appreciate the use of the old gen SBC bracket. I had a old gen BBC bracket like Rod has on his '59, thats how he got his. I still gotta finish machining the duplicate I made of your old gen SBC bracket for future use and I am getting started machining on my reverse F-2 LSx bracket this week for my own car. :welder:

6. quicknova

Duh that's right, wasn't even thinking and seeing his was a BBC. Reverse F2 LSx sounds interesting.. :)

7. Brent Davis

Looks very nice.

Jake I gotta send you a photo of something to see if you can make for me too :bow:.

8. Limey tri Chevy

Anyone got any pics of a BBC with an F2 and a guard on it please.

9. racerdain

I've known Jake for close to 15 years now, and I gotta say, he is a first class person and his work is top notch. It's great to see him getting recognition!

10. Jake

Here's a pic of Mark Gjavinis's "new gen" BBC F-2 and Rod Nance's "old gen" BBC F-2. On Mark's I made a custom cutout for his AN radiator hose.

jakes_powdercoat3[1].JPG #ad

P1010001.JPG #ad

11. blown385

Jake ,
    Not sure if belt guards are necessary on the D1SC's , but they look so cool I thought I'd ask .............. Do you make one to fit the D1SC / sbc bracket ? 12 rib .

Thanks........... :2thumbs:

12. Jake

Not sure. :D I've got brackets for F-1/F-2's. Does the D1SC use these brackets? All I would need are some brackets and a head unit to build one off of if not. I'll have to look into that and hopefully the F-3 stuff soon also.

13. Limey tri Chevy

Jake
    How much for a belt guard for a gen IV BBC and an 8 month old F2. You can pm me if you like or post it here. I too have a possible clearance issue with the rad hose but I can always measure the gap.
    Thank you.

14. blown385

Yes , Procharger says they are the same . You got one in a black powder coat ?

15. BRIEF ENCOUNTER

Very nice work. Can you make the same belt guard for a Vortech.

16. Jake

I'd need to borrow the blower and bracket to be sure it fit. I only have Procharger head units and bracketry.

17. pudster69

Does any still make these

18. BlownShovel

I'm sure there are places out there to fab one up for you. What model do you have? I put this one together for my D2r

20140105_150459.jpg #ad

20140105_144830.jpg #ad