1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

New, Also turbo fox qestion

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by TwistedAsian, Dec 27, 2015.

1. TwistedAsian

Hello people im new to this forum, I have a question for yall so ive been very interested in doing a turbo 302 build im going into college so i dont have alot of funds. I wanted to buy the on3 turbo kit i was wondering if someone could list the parts i need for the build. I know i need fuel pump,injectors, but what else. i have $3000 to spend is that enough to do this?

2. TwistedAsian

I also want to know would do you guys think its better to do a junkyard turbo setup as ive heard mixed reviews of the on3 turbo kits

3. turbomalibuwagon

Do you have access to welder and shop to build your own system? If you do and are able to do so I'd recommend going diy over the on3 thing . If you have no fab skills then you have your awnser. We can help set you up with a parts list for a reasonable budget diy build but you can still easily spend 3k + if you are savvy shopper you can get it done . Do you have tuning experience and are you budgeting for ecm and or tuning services? Basically you need a fuel pump up grade, fuel regulator to reference boost, turbo manifolds, turbo ,wastegate /s ,blow off, larger injectors, and some way to tune it. From there it's just up grades as the addiction sets in.

4. TwistedAsian

I do have a shop and some fabing skills, my dad can weld though and he is willing to help. I also want to get a good tune. I would like to do the diy setup, ive heard the hx45 turbo is the way to go for the 302