1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

needing info on a garrett turbo

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by troyr615, Jan 7, 2010.

1. troyr615

hello.i am a newbie to turbo stuff.i have the oppurtunity to purchase a garrett turbo from a friend (for very cheap).the part number on it is 2506782c91.can anyone tell me what the specs are?i was told its a (gt37),(tp 38).so i dont know what it is?i have looked on garrett's website.with no luck.my question is. can use this on a foxbody mustang?i am starting from scratch.to do a diy system.my goal is to acheive 750 to 800 h.p. this will be a street car.is this turbo suitable for my application.thanks for the input

2. svooh

Probably off a powerstroke diesel. Not that good, but not the worst. Spins backwards of the "normal" stuff too.
    If you're looking for 750-800hp... you're going to have some money in the car, no doubt. So don't be cheap on the turbo, fuel-system, or tune.

3. troyr615

so what do you mean by spinning backwards?what will it take to make it work?if any.the motor is no problem as far as getting good parts.what kind of power is this thing capable of?

4. jaredsamurai

Doesn't actually matter. The compressor housing will exit in a different direction than a standard rotation turbo and same with the entrance to the turbine inlet. Just a side note. If you do need/want to upgrade the turbo later you'll be chopping the shit out of your hot/coldside most likely. Otherwise still makes same hp as any other turbo. Oh and upgrade parts like compressors and turbine wheels are prob non existent. Thats just a guess.