1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What turbo setup would you use

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by ftgokie, May 10, 2016.

1. ftgokie

Please bear with me guys on my question. I know this has probably been covered abazillion times. I know absolutelynothing about turbos, but, I want to put a turbo on my S10. It is back halved, 9”, Moser axels with33x21.5 – 15 tires
    I will eventually be putting an twin turbo LS motor in the truck, but for now I have a small block I will be installing in the truck.
    The block is a Dart Little M 4.125 bore block
    Eagle forged rotating assembly
    ARP bolts
    Platinum Pro 1 215cc intake 64cc cyl heads 2.05 intake 1.6exhaust
    Harland Sharp Roller rockers
    Comp turbo mech roller kit Lift .575/.575, Duration 300/308, Lobe Sep 114 deg
    Will run either a C&S blow through carb or a FitechPower Adder throttle body
    There will be a TCI Super Streetfighter trans
    This will be a show truck, cruising around and sometimes taking it to the drag races truck
    Since I know absolutely nothing about turbos, what turbo setup would you use? Not sure how much HP I am wanting, but I want this to be as dependable (within reason) as possible and run high octane pump gas.

2. M&M Turbochargers

what are you going to go with for stroke on your engine??

3. ftgokie

I'm all new to hot rodding and learning as I go. This is going to be a stock stroke 3.75 motor for now

4. turbomalibuwagon

You will need a dish top piston to get comfortable compression with a 64cc head . What do you want for configuration? ( twin or single ) that thing is going to be complicated to keep in a map on a single and be the driver you say you want . It can be done ,but likely not going to be run of the mill s400 turbo. That much cam is going to make a decent amount of power na with out boost then you probably don't need much over 10psi to put it in to 900 hp area. That will require a good 82 or so mm turbo at that pressure to be in the map . I'm in for how this turns out. If you want twins then a pair of 64-66mm should do the trick and likely to cost less than a single. If you don't mind going full budget cheap a pair of gt45 ebay units would be great.

5. ftgokie

I thought about a single turbo, but I want it to be as dependable as possible. So I could Def do a twin turbo...I could also just get a cam better suited for what I need and new pistons as well.

I've honestly just been buying new parts from Summit and Jegs because my son will be 16 next Jan and I bought a nice 67 Nova that was set up for drag racing and we will be building a 434 sbc for him to run at the midnight dras in Tulsa and also let him do some bracket racing with it too. So I'm just trying to stockpile some parts for the 3 projects we have going.

6. ftgokie

And that's a great idea on the gt45 units. I just don't wanna buy junk.

I'm not sure where I will buy all the turbos from (we will be needing 4 for now) I have been looking at Bullseye turbos, but still looking around and trying to learn as much as I can about turbos