1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Needing help

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by ftgokie, May 5, 2016.

1. ftgokie

Sorry guys for this question and I know many will think its silly but, I am new here and new to hot rodding in general so I am sure I will have a ton of questions that are basic to you guys. I am in Ft Gibson Ok (Tulsa is 45 miles away) and need a good reliable engine builder who has turbo experience in my area (within about 250 mile radius). I have thought about ordering and engine/turbo package from Proline in Georgia but I would honestly like to keep my $$$ as local as possible. I would like to keep my $$ local because if I am gonna drop $15k or so on a motor, I would like to deal with the builder face to face or at least have them relatively close so if I have any issues I can take a reasonable drive to visit them or call them on the phone.

If nothing is local, I will be looking at Proline, TRE Racing in Texas, Shafiroff or someone who can build me a good solid motor. Any suggestions help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

2. Disney Lincoln

How fast do you want to spend?

3. ftgokie

Doesn't matter to me honestly...Me and my wife have talked about it and I set aside $25k for the S-10 build... Our goal is to have this truck 100% finished for next summer. I have just started tearing the truck to the ground and will be boxing in the frame and sending it off to be powder coated in about 3 weeks. So I am not in too much of a hurry, but if I had to pay for a complete setup today i could do that.

4. OkieDave

Ron Munson. Moritz machine. Tulsa. Or, troy scott. Stillwater.

5. ftgokie

Thanks Dave....I will give them both a call. Thank you