1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Help me build my bottem end! (Please?)

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Jango, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Jango

I have a 2000 Mustang GT with a Hellion turbo kit (62-1 Turbonetics turbo) and I want to be running 600whp next year. I'm thinking about going with:
    a Kellogg crankshaft
    Manley 4340 H-Beam rods (14042-8)
    Manley forged dished pistons with an 18cc dish bringing it to 8.83:1 compression and .020 over (594220-8)
    Plasma Moly File to Fit Rings
    Federal Mogul Performance Bearings (Rods and crank)

This is going on my stock GT block and I'll be using all APR bolts.

Do you think this would be alright for me? I drag race, road race and drive this car on the street so I need something strong and reliable. I'm goina build a different engine later on, but I only need this one to hold 600whp right now.

Thanks!

2. Disney Lincoln

That'll be fine i'm sure. Contact your engine builder to make sure he/she is comfortable with those parts too.

3. TwinTurboStrokr

:withstu:

4. HPhunter

i have a race preped shortblock sitting in my shop.. done by underground racing in south carolina.... je pistons... h beam rods... cobra forged crank.. balanced...etc.... has a few dyno pulls and less than 10 street miles....

they WRECKED my buddies car when test driving it after the new motor install.. u can PM him at corral. name is Tarzan... he has been trying to sell it.