1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need some help from you blow through turbo guys.

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Nitro Lew, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Nitro Lew

I have 2 things I wanted to ask you guys . I wanted to ask you guys what king of ignition I should go with for my setup . I have a Digital-6 plus PN-6520 right now, will this work or should I go with something else? There is so many boost controlers and what not that I'm just not sure what to go with . I also wanted to know what you guys think its going to make hp wise so I have a idea when I have my converter built . Im thinking 950hp? I have had some fast BBF cars but this turbo stuff is new to me . Here is what my setup in . Thanks for any help !!

349 stroker A4 block about 8.7 compression "will be running E85"
    out of the bock Victor Jr heads
    custom comp cams solid roller .050 236 on both sides and a 602 lift on both sides
    port matched Victor Jr intake
    Carb will be a custom csu 850 im guessing "dont have it yet"

Intercooled Presision 76mm turbo with as much boost as I can on e85 :joyous:

powerglide with a transbrake "one of Lenny's custom converters"

327 rear gear with a 28" slick Car will be about 2900 with me in it . Plan on having a fun little tru street car .

2. NOSLO86

I ditched the 6al I had for the Power Grid and I'm glad I did. For heads I'd hit theTEA site for some Trick Flow Hi Ports. For a cam -- something in the .250 range at .050. Looks like you have a good plan -- stick with it.

3. Nitro Lew

I already have everything. I just need help with the ignition setup..lol I talked to 4 differant places and ALL said no need for a cam that big on a turbo car!