1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need some advise on injector size, MAF, and intercooler plumbing

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by RoadW3, Apr 20, 2013.

1. RoadW3

Thanks for reading this and sorry it might seem long winded but here it goes.

I am finishing up my turbo install and currently have a set of 42's but my goal for power is 550 to 600 and was thinking since I am still putting it together to get a set of 60's. Obviously if the 42's will work I will use them since I dont need to be tossing money where I dont have to. On that same note what type of MAF would be best for a blow thru setup. My air to air intercooler has 2.5 inch inlet and 3 inch outlet because the outlet of my turbo, MP T70, is 2.5 outlet so I didnt think I needed a larger inlet. I was going to use 2.5 from turbo to intercooler and then 3 inch from intercooler to TB but the meters I have seen are all about 3.5 inch unless I use a ProM tube that is 3 inch. Is the ProM easy to tune with or should I just use couplers to expand it to 3.5 for the larger MAF?

Again sorry for the long winded post.

Thanks,
    Eric

2. reved up

I suggest getting the 60s just so you have the option of using e85 if you decide to do such. Plus it will give you more room to grow and the 42s will probably only get to you 450-500. As for the MAF i suggest a PMAS HPX. For your goal it will work well and also allow you plenty of room to grow.

3. RoadW3

Thanks alot for the advise. I was leaning toward the 60's but the wife already has sticker shock and I have been building this a long time lol.