1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

edelbrock victor jr intake and stock rails?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by tank_567, Feb 1, 2011.

1. tank_567

well did this to my intake, 110 w/ 14lbs did this @ the track..

I've seen a few guys N/A running the stock rails and just wanted to check with some of the turbo guys if you have done this? Just want to save 99 bucks if its fine to run on FI.

2. 99TTGT

the ones we done at the shop, we use the edelbrock rails with it

3. Scott2001GT

are the rails good for e85 and 700hp or more?

4. cdjnight

i'd say they are for hp and ok for e85. theyre no different than any other high quality ones on the market.

5. tank_567

Sweet thanks guys. I got my car to run 11.6@121 on 12lbs and street tires. Im hoping with this intake, 14lbs and 110oct for low 11s, maybe 10s if I can drive. :2thumbs:

6. 99TTGT

yes

7. FSTMRFR

I would not reccomend stock rails for 700 ponies...one thing you dont wanna rob you car of is fuel.... or atleast keep it temporary...

8. tank_567

9. FSTMRFR

looks good man....just keep it in mind....

10. chromeyellow

I thought the Vic Jr. intake requires aftermarket rails. Do the stock rails just bolt on or do you have to modify them to work?

11. FSTMRFR

they will fit, but you cannot bolt them down...and the zig zag of the rails hit the runners, but nothing to worry about....

12. hotrodder_101

So do you zip tie them down or what. I don't think I could risk not having some insurance from burning the car to the ground. Mybe just me though.
    Luke

13. FSTMRFR

you could make a small bracket, in about 20 min to go from the aftermarket hole in the intake, to the factory rail mouting location...it would be intensly easy to accomplish....but YES...you are absolutely right about making sure they are held firmly in place!!

14. tank_567

We made brackets for the stock rails and they are not going anywhere. :welder: :D Saved a ton of money doing it this way. Going to get it on the rollers soon and see how much it will make over the stocker.

15. FSTMRFR

cool man...that is the way to do it!!! ;)