1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

innovative T4 80mm dual ball bearing on center good turbo for 357w?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by ricky, Aug 25, 2012.

1. ricky

thought i would ask on here,never used their turbos before,plus it's an on center housing..so thats different as well..but i am looking at a decent deal locally on a used one..this is for a stock block 351w with either afr 185's or tfs high ports,and a toss up between tfsr or victor efi intake..definitely going to be a street car,with a t56 six speed,full interior coupe,etc

from what i understand,the main difference with the on center housings is that they give up a few psi compared to conventional off center housings..looking for something that would spool up well on that size motor,plus make around 750-800 hp..i have a turbonetics t4 76mm..but was thinking that the ball bearing design would make a good bit of difference in spool time..i have the headers, and a t4 flange,so everything else is going to have to be made anyway..crossover,downpipe,etc

p.s,the turbo comes with the downpipe flange and 3.5 short section then a 90 degree down to start the downpipe

2. ricky

Well darn, figured someone on here has used this series turbo before?
    They are no longer in business, so can't just call them, maybe that's a sign right there?

3. M&M Turbochargers

if you can get it cheap give it a try

4. Mnlx

Not sure if this is a BB or even the same turbo, but on a 351..... https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/the-turbo-%27builds%27-board/93-convertible-351w-80mm-aod4r-it%27s-alive-629-w-video!!!!/msg1446305/#msg1446305

5. ricky

sent him a pm, asking about that turbo he is running..maybe i'll hear back from him soon..

on a side note, wonder what this turbo i'm looking at is worth? apparantly i missunderstood on the price,but a 1000 is a lil out of my range for a turbo that i really can't find any concrete info on...might just stick with this Turbonetics t76 i have instead