1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

where to buy a turbo exhaust housing

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by NOGO302, Aug 21, 2010.

1. NOGO302

Im wanting to buy an on center T4 housing for a P trim wheel. I found one but it idk what one to buy because it list an F1-62 wheel, F1-65 wheel, and F1-68 wheel. I kno the 68 is a Q trim from what ive read but idk bout the other 2 or what the actual exhuast wheel measures on a MP T76 P trim. any help would be apperciated

2. 1sicpny

good luck with that. I had to change my wheel to find a on center housing to match.

3. Enginerd

An F1 series Turbonetics wheel will not work in the old P trim or Q trim housing. You need a new style housing for any F1 wheel. If you do have a P trim wheel, then should be easy to find a housing. I machined my old P trim housings to accept an F1-65 wheel, which is alot of work on a lathe.

4. NOGO302

I have a P trim wheel now on a MP T76, it has a tang housing and i want an on center housing. thats the problem. Ive heard different things bout the housings. just trying to figure out what housing i can use with a standard P trim wheel

5. Enginerd

You need a P trim housing then. Don't worry about the F1 stuff then. I used both Turbonetics and Precision P trim on-center housings on my Turbonetics P trim wheels. It will be hard to find an F1 series housing unless you order new.

6. NOGO302

ok so where would i order one and what do they run?

7. 1sicpny

I called precision and turbonetics, neither of them had any housings to work. Thats why i got stuck changing my wheel
    to a newer version to get a on center housing

8. NOGO302

igh i dont wanna do that. i think ill mod the hot side or buy a different one

9. 1sicpny

yeah it sucks i had two turbos i needed to do it to.

10. ash

2nd hand stuff coming thru a bit now... ;)
    i got a spare set of t76's, F1 68, .96 a/r from over there for $1200 the pair... last week 8)