1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need help with Manual boost controller install...

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by 86turboGT, Mar 30, 2010.

1. 86turboGT

I just want to make sure in doing this right.....? I did some research and some said do it this way and some said something about hooking up the top port on the wastegate as well....but i have not clue. I just dont want to screw up. thanks for all the help...

I have a turboxs and tial wastegate.

[​IMG]#ad

2. jaredsamurai

Should be good. Give it a whirl. I think guys start hooking to the top port to push the WG shut when they wanna run a lot more boost than the spring is rated at :huh:. Just go easy when adjusting. I thought I was a tough guy when screwing with my MBC a few months ago. Got a nice little 15psi spike :doh:. Didn't really care cause I was driving on a blown HG already :D and had a shortblock being built anyways

3. 86turboGT

Will it be ok to vent the top port on the wastegate to the air?