1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need help with compressor map

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 20psiofevil, Mar 15, 2015.

1. 20psiofevil

Wondering if someone could crunch some numbers for my turbo on my setup if you have spare time. Just want to see how close I'm getting with the match-bot. The engine is 260ci or 4.25l v6 engine, makes around 275hp na and 250 to the tire. I have a 218/224 .580 114* cam shaft that makes peak power around 6200rpm (I want to spin the engine to 64-6500rpm if this is wise?) I'll be racing it in the 8th mile only at motor mile dragway (1800' elevation) and plan on running it at 15-18psi. The turbo comes on at 3200rpm and full spool by 4000rpm. It has an 88ar open housing. Intake temps usually run in the 130* range but have seen higher in mid summer heat. Ambient temp is usually low 90's.

Also not that it matters I'm going to spray it with a small shot of nitrous to get it wound up on the line. May spray the track if it feels good. Like stated if anyone has spare time to crunch these numbers it would be greatly appreciated.

2. VR4drive92

When you say match-bot do you mean the BorgWarner Turbo Systems MatchBot?

3. 20psiofevil

Yep. Wanted to use Squirell calculator but that site isn't there any more.

4. VR4drive92

What number are you looking for? The match for your turbo or are you trying to estimate the power you'll make on 15-18psi @ 1800ft?