1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

xfi problems. No spark, and No fuel

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 1idjak, May 10, 2007.

1. 1idjak

I had this car running for about 4 weeks. It was running good. One evening, it just died. No spark. I tested the msd by grounding the white wire. It works. I pulled the computer out of the kick panel to check the led's. With the power on, NOT in the cranking position, the injector lights are flashing. I do not hear the injectors opening and closing, but the led's are flashing. During the cranking cycle, i DO get an rpm signal, 200rpm. the crank led is on solid, not flashing, the points light flashes fast, the cam light blinks, and the injector led's continue flashing. I have an extra xfi computer, and i swapped them out. Same thing. I swapped my crank trigger out, Same thing. I am using an msd dist, and a reluctor tab to trigger for the cam. All those harneses seem to be in good shape. Unplug and replug, terminals are straignt. It seems to me, that all the signals the computer receive are present and accounted for, and all the signals the computer would send, are screwed up. David at fast commented that it seems like it may be grounding the diagnostic blue wire? Like it was flashing updates. I think the main harness is bad, and it is shorting across something, it could be the blue wire. The strangest thing is those damn injector led's flashing all the time.

I'm kinda lost. I would appreciate any ideas

2. 1idjak

Went out and worked on it last night. Damn thing started sparking. I unplugged the fuel injector harness, and of course the injector leds went out. I cranked on the engine and the leds cycled from right to left. (injector harness unplugged). I swapped injector harnesses, and with the harness plugged in, the leds stay on all the time. basically the same as the old injector harness. Just for kicks, i unplugged the wide band o2, with the injector harness on and plugged in, the injector leds turned off. I cranked on the engine, and all 8 injector led's flash together. i plugged back in the wideband. I unplugged the temp sensor. Nothing changed.

3. SScrawn

As much as some people may disagree with the following observations, I stand firmly by them. Before I launch into my main topic, I want to make a few matters crystal-clear: (1) When workable solutions to a problem elude you, sometimes it helps to reveal some shocking facts about XFI's warnings, and (2) as a result of that, the most smarmy manifestation of splenetic sentiment among the worst sorts of lazy, intellectually challenged demoniacs there are has been the way they take credit for others' accomplishments. Now that you know where I stand on those issues, I can safely say that it has been said that XFI has been, still is, and always will remain more harebrained than humorless vulgarians. I believe that to be true. I also believe that its politics all stem from one, simple, faulty premise -- that at birth, every living being is assigned a celestial serial number or frequency power spectrum. In all fairness, what I have been writing up to this point is not what I initially intended to write in this letter. Instead, I decided it would be far more productive to tell you that XFI's claim that it is omnipotent is factually unsupported and politically motivated. While the question of who is right and who is wrong in this case is an interesting one, it is also something that I cannot and will not comment on, and not just because my dream is for tired eyes to open and see clearly, broken spirits to find new energy, and weary arms to find the strength to issue a call to conscience and reason. More prosaically, XFI has nothing but contempt for you, and you don't even know it. That's why I feel obligated to inform you that its goal is to replace discourse and open dialogue with rummy subliminal psywar campaigns and blatant ugliness. How indelicate is that? How foolhardy? How merciless?

In plain, simple-to-understand English, XFI either is or elects to be ignorant of scientific principles and methods. It even intentionally misuses scientific terminology to shrink the so-called marketplace of ideas down to convenience-store size. Consider the issue of deceitful absenteeism. Everyone agrees that I hope XFI enjoys its new distinction as one of the most disgraceful mattoids who ever lived, but there are still some abominable imbeciles out there who doubt that it's amazing that untoward, temperamental wackos like XFI still exist in this day and age. To them I say: If XFI opened its eyes, it'd realize that it wallows in its basest behavior. Will I allow XFI to slow scientific progress? As long as there is breath in my earthly body, I assure you I will not. What I will do, however, is inform as many people as possible that as long as the beer keeps flowing and the paychecks keep coming, XFI's trained seals don't really care that if I withheld my feelings on this matter, I'd be no less maladroit than XFI.

Moral of the story, quit letting your kids wire your car. :D

4. TrendSetter

5. ls1killr

:huh: X 1000000000

6. ShaneH

I think I can safely speak for every member of this site when I ask "What the F*CK are you talking about?!?!"

7. streetone01

XFI is not a living breathing person?

8. 1idjak

I promised myself i would never curse online, but, DAMNIT SSCRAWN QUIT F*CKING UP MY THREAD. a$$hole :D ;)

I am going to try a new main harness tomorrow

9. SScrawn

I'm sorry for faggin up your thread John, but I couldn't help myself.

I got strange looks at work for laughing out loud at all the "WTF are you talking about" replies that were posted, so that was cool.

I'll stop now. :angel:
    :D

10. 1idjak

I fixed it. It was the fuse on the switchable 12 v side. I'm sure most of you know that the harness has two power sources, one on the full time 12v and one on the switch 12v. If the switch 12v goes out, the power light and indicator lights will all still work, feeding off the full time 12v side. I guess it just doesnt have enough power to actually run the car with one leg down. When i would unplug a sensor that drew power, it would look like it might try to run.