1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

power feeding ability of A1000 fuel pump

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by fastbarry, Jun 10, 2009.

1. fastbarry

what is the most power you guys are making with an aeromotive A1000 efi fule pump in a turbo efi setup.

how hard is every one leaning on this pump. i just bought one for my turbo efi big block ford project.

thanks, barry

2. fastbarry

wrong forum sorry

3. 71 cam

I have an a1000 and eliminator on mine. I don't know how much hp it will support but I can go 9.90's 10.0 with the A1000. That is on a 372" with 72mm twins and 96lb injectors in a 3500lb car on about 10-11lbs. You will probably need a seconds pump.

4. 64duece

I tested their first design to 504lbs of fuel @ 58psi (18lbs of boost over 40psi base pressure) it was done @ 850hp. I upgraded that pump to their newer design which was spec'd for 600lbs/hr which it what all the new pumps are built on. How much it'll support will depend on voltage at the pump, total system pressure and your engine's BSFC. I'd say it'll should handle 1000hp if your not killing it with pressure and have atleast 13.8V at the pump. I try to stay away from pushing them too hard as you'll start to see fuel pressure fluctuations which will affect your tune.