1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need help wiring AMS 500

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by Mike1965, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Mike1965

I have a AMS 500 that I will be installing on my car today and I'm a little confused and that's nothing new believe me lol

I bought this off a member on yb awhile back maybe 2 yrs ago and never used it anyway he sent it to me still all wired and labelled rite out of his car this is what they say

- red wire = 12v switched

- yellow wire = 12v input 1

- black wire with white stripe = ground

- brown wire = input 2 ground

I have a 5# spring in the w/g and I would like to set this up to make more boost on the street while driving if I need it , can this be done , the previous owner had it set to launch at 5# and then off the trans brake to make what ever boost he set with the Co2

I have Co2 and and
    NO trans brake

How would I wire this to work for me .

Can I have one stage on a toggle and the other on a button if I need it , so that I would have 5# spring pressure and then if I hit the toggle I would have 10# and if I need more boost I can have it at a push of a button to make 15# , can this be done or am I dreaming.

Mike

2. Disney Lincoln